Here's a band local to Phoenix - though originally from the Northeast. Essentially, if you grew up in the 80s, hold on to your effing hat. Minibosses only play NES cover songs, if you haven't heard. And if you haven't, then really what are you doing with your life (don't answer that)?
Let this glorious glory wash over you. Robin Vining, who I would venture to say is the best rock musician in Phoenix, most recently joined the group, replacing the previous second guitarist. Vining has headed up some other really solid bands in this town, such as Colorstore and Sweetbleeders. He's just one of those dudes that will rock your socks off in any capacity.
Want more Minibosses? Perfect, I've selected my favorites. Here you are:
Mega Man 2(masterpiece!)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Castlevania
Metroid (especially impressive guitar work on this)
Contra (my most favorite, probably)
2 comments:
I had no idea the Minibosses were from Phoenix! Very awesome. They are such talented musicians.
This is awesome.
I tried to play Contra the other day but couldn't get past the second level...
Post a Comment