- Coachella Tix On Sale Today -- The festival sent out a message to its vast mailing list that tickets are available as of 10am EST. This is cool news because it allows the too-cool-for-school kids to continue not buying them. In fact, I want to encourage as many people as possible NOT to go, because it was effing crowded last year.
- Arizona's Zia Records Accepting Entries for Local Band Compilation -- Phoenix New Times reports that Zia Records is producing Volume 5 of their annual You Heard Us Back When local music compilation for the Phoenix area. Last year's compilation brought us great music by Dust Jacket, Kirkwood Dellinger, What Laura Says, Dry River Yacht Club and Kinch, plus some other bright spots in Phoenix's highly concentrated rock scene. Hopefully we can hear some great new things emerge from our fine city. Making music is like cooking a meal, and I'd say we've got the Phoenix heat on our side. Good luck cooking without fire, suckers*!
1.21.2011
They Get Paid to Find This Stuff Out and I Copy Them for Free
There are two things happening right now that I thought combined to form enough important content to warrant its own "news" post. I never intended this to be a music news blog, but then again, I never intended to talk about movies or do anything besides the "weekly featured artist" formula. As you can see, original intent has little-to-no bearing on this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment