3.24.2011

Oh Please Let This Happen

Okay, okay, I don't want to hear it. I took like a month off, okay? Sue me!

Don Cheadle reportedly said last month that "President Bush broke the world," and that's why making the Miles Davis biopic has been postponed for so long. While I'm no Bush-lover, that seems like a pretty lame excuse. Ah, the hardships of movie stars.

Anyways, on a musical note - Miles Davis rules all. And, although I have recently discovered the coolness of Soundcloud embedding (a little late? psh, whatev), I'm giving you some Miles through Grooveshark still, well, because the people at Grooveshark are exceptional beings. So this is a 1961 recording of Miles Davis playing his version of Disney's classic "Someday My Prince Will Come," from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.



Anyways, I'm going to be back on and posting more regularly this coming month. I got really into Reddit for a while, did some contributing/editing for uncyclopedia.org, and it was also a busy month for the band. But enough excuses, I'm here, right? As sad, attention-hungry teenagers' shirts often wittily say, "I'm awake and dressed, what more do you want from me?"

4 comments:

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

i've been bad about reading your blog, or any blog for that matter. but m.davis has a special place in my heart, and as my son's namesake, i felt i had to finally speak up. great share. thanks for writing.

sarah said...

and i'm totally putting this song on my next 8track.

Unknown said...

Crazy sychronicity.. You popped into my head out of nowhere today when I noticed the recent lack of Sarah in my digital life. Thanks for coming back!