Initial blog post. Testing, testing.
This blog's for music, mostly. I may feature other artistically relevant things, at my own discretion.
My name's Trevor. I love both writing and music, so I'm doing the whole "combining my loves" thing by writing about music. I have a lot of things that I think about music. My friends consider me a generally good resource for new music and good taste. They also don't mind when I use them to compliment myself.
Basically, there is so much creativity in today's musical world that I can barely even handle it. Music provides such loose guidelines and is so indefinite that practically anything that produces sound waves could be argued to be music in some form. But I'll not be focusing my entries towards the totally avant-garde, because let's face it, some of that shit is unlistenable. My goal is to find a band every week, and feature a different song each day that illustrates the magical balance between creativity and listenability. It's a hard chord to strike, but there are lots of bands who nail it. So, I'm here to present to you the cool stuff that goes on between John Cage and Taylor Swift. I'm dedicated to sharing the artists who can appeal to a wide range of people while still holding artistic expression and innovation as priorities. These are the people who can make a living from their art, and with dignity.
Oh, and also, I'll be making this up as I go.
1 comment:
Trevor back in the blogging world is always a good thing. Looking forward to this blog and its contents.
Post a Comment